Winning companies maximise sales from their existing customers. This requires a real understanding of those customers; why they buy, where and when they buy, why they prefer you to other suppliers and the issues and challenges they face in their markets. To gain such insight into your customers you need to:
- If your products do not capture the “voice of the customer” then no matter how good you are at selling, you wont sell anymore!
- Selling at a strategic level needs to consider the market and demand for the product or service on offer.
- Marketing driven selling is the strategy adopted by Winning Companies.
- When market and customer demands change, sales fall, it is vital that the proposition is re-purposed or modified to deliver what the customer wants.
- Living in the “Customers World” will ensure that products and services are constantly delivered in line with needs.
- 6 out of 7 companies are failing to capitalise on their existing customers and networks – 80% of companies could be selling more through their existing customers!
- Revisit your existing contacts and assess whether there are opportunities to dig deeper!
- Ask your customers – could you give me three leads, please? – (it works!)
- Seek to build maximum lifetime value with your customers!
- Are you doing it right? Don’t forget how to sell – revisit the basics!