Scientific studies show there to be a link between note taking and success. WP believes that all ambitious individuals should make use of a daily journal to map new ideas, observations and interesting findings.
Throughout history successful people have been known for their recording their thoughts – Van Gogh, Picasso, Darwin. In more recent times, successful entrepreneurs talk about notebooks and daily journals being the source of inspired ideas.
- Every person and organisation should have an ideas department! Not a room with a sign over the top saying Ideas Department but space in our mind for idea creation.
- Go and buy a notebook to support your new idea generation activity.
- Your antenna should be constantly looking for new possibilities and interesting ideas.
- Sources of new ideas come from colleagues, newspapers, books, people we meet.
- Interesting facts and new ideas should be noted in your daily journal, as should your ambitions and dreams.
- Writing things down shifts the new possibilities from the back of your mind to the front – crystallisation will start to emerge.
- Over a period of time this process of writing down your observations and ideas will become second nature and profitable new ideas will start to emerge on a regular basis.
- Individuals involved in scientific discovery use their daily journals to observe change and note facts – use this process for your own journey of discovery.
- Use the journal daily and specifically note the date.
- Over the years your journal will become a great read and proof that writing things down do generate new possibilities.