Raising finance is a notoriously difficult thing to do. Why does it have to be so difficult? How good is your selling? If you pitch your message with passion and it is supported by a strong proposition then your chances of success will
- Remember raising finance is like trying to sell a product or service .
- The banks and VC’s are not there to create have a go hero’s they are there to generate a return on stakeholder funds.
- To raise finance you must present a sound case that leaves all parties feeling comfortable and secure.
- Your proposition must be articulated both verbally and in writing with total clarity.
- Remember the value proposition is key to raising finance – get to the point quick and be passionate about what you do.
- Financial institutions will look for a robust management team supported by a well thought through business model that demonstrates a return.
- If you can’t articulate it clearly then don’t be surprised if you don’t get the funding.
- Overcomplicated strategies and business models need to be simplified .
- Research the financial institution you are visiting and be clear on the buttons you need to press.
- Remember, raising finance is a selling job , many organisations fail to raise finance because they can’t clearly articulate what they want. Many great ideas fail to get to market because of this!