Those businesses that achieve high growth and long term sustainability are the ones that have three key ingredients:
- A clear vision, strategy and plan
- Customer focused culture aligned to the market
- Disciplined processes and systems
- Having clarity of what you want to achieve is vital – it is this clarity that drives the successful team.
- The plan must be articulated into a series of bite – sized activities that drive action and that build momentum.
- Success is down to 20% strategy 80% action. It is vital that once the thinking has been done we start to take action.
- The customer is ultimately what the vision is built upon – a clear strategy and plan for finding, reaching, winning and keeping customers is vital to growth.
- Longevity and sustainability are achieved by living in the Customers World and constantly aligning what we do to match the demands of this world.
- Everyone in the organisation needs to feel that they have a purpose and a role to play in delivering a Winning result. “The right people doing the right things”
- Organisations must exhibit entrepreneurial discipline – both ingredients drive success.
- Organisations that exhibit only entrepreneurial behaviour can sometimes operate like a missile off course – very dangerous.
- Businesses that are overly dependent on systems and discipline tend to be too inward looking – they can sometimes miss opportunities.
- Combine both entrepreneurial energy with disciplined systems and it creates a great future.